Sunday, February 23, 2014

Blog post #6

       A personal learning network is a internet-based learning system of social networking (e.g: gmail, Facebook, twitter, YouTube etc.) Personal learning networks have become a cornerstone in the evolution of teaching and learning. Through personal learning networks, teachers are able to construct various and unique methods of teaching. A crucial element of this concept is that the people involved, whether it be teachers and or students, never have to meet personally and can collaborate together from any two locations on the planet.  I personally will be contacting past teachers and guidance councillors for my personal learning network. I know they will have my best interest and will be a great help in assisting me in becoming an educator.
 social media logos

You can watch the video here

2 comments:

  1. I liked your post, it gave some important information about Personal Learning Networks. The only thing I would suggest is to give some examples about what Twitter, Facebook, Gmail, and YouTube has to offer for people who want to start their PLNs. That way, people who do not know too much about social networking can become more informed and enthusiastic about possibly starting their PLNs that way.

    ReplyDelete